May 9, 2021

Nove Mesto BMW IBU Biathlon World Cup 04.03.2021 women 4x6km Relay race preview

Team Norway, represented by Ingrid Landmark Tandrevold, Tiril Eckhoff, Ida Lien and Marte Olsbu Røiseland is the favourite in today’s women relay race according to our biathlon model. The team has 33 percent winning chance and 67 percent chance to get a medal.

The Norwegian team is the world champions in the women’s relay discipline. They won gold medals in Pokljuka, earlier this year, with the same team.

The second-best team according to our simulation is the team from Sweden. This team’s participants are Mona Brorsson, Hanna Oeberg, Linn Persson and Elvira Oeberg. According to our biathlon model, Swedes have 25 percent chance to win the race, 61 percent chance to get any medal and they are projected to finish some 11 seconds behind the winner.

Team from Sweden managed to finish second at the 2018 Winter Olympics, in the relay race, with almost the same team. Anna Magnusson was participating instead of Elvira Oeberg.

The team from France, according to our biathlon model, has a twelve percent chance to wit the race, 39 percent chance to get any medal and are on average 37 seconds behind the Norwegians.

Team France consists of Anais Bescond, Justine Braisaz, Chloé Chevalier and Julia Simon.

Anais Chevalier and Anais Bescond are bronze medalists at 2018 Winter Olympics women’s relay discipline.

Our biathlon model predicts Germany a winning chance of eight percent, 32 percent chance to climb on the podium and some 46 seconds behind the Norwegians.

Their team is represented by Maren Hammerschmidt, Vanessa Hinz, Janina Hettich and Franziska Preuss.

In the world championship 2021 in Pokljuka, team Germany won silver medals in the relay discipline, with only some eight-ish seconds behind Norwegians who won the relay.

Russians are estimated, by our biathlon model, to win the race with five percent chance,23 percent chance to win any medal and some 61 seconds behind the winning team.

RBU team consist of Uliana Kaisheva, Irina Kazakevich, Larisa Kuklina and Svetlana Mironova.

The biathlon model predicts Austrian team to win the relay race with seven percent chance, 23 percent chance to get any medal and 62 seconds behind Norway.

The team participants are Julia Schwaiger, Katharina Innerhofer, Dunja Zdouc and Lisa Theresa Hauser.

2018 Winter Olympics champions, team Belarus has five percent chance to win a race, 20 percent chance to win any medal and some 71 seconds behind the leader.

Current relay Belarus team consist of Iryna Kryuko, Dzinara Alimbekava, Hanna Sola, Elena Kruchinkina.

Defending world champions, the team from Ukraine has one percent chance to win a race, five percent chance to get any medal and some 96 seconds behind the leader, by our biathlon simulation.

Ukranian team is represented by Darya Blashko, Yuliia Dzhima, Anastasiya Merkushyna, Olena Pidhrushna.

The local team, Czechs, is represented by Jessica Jislová, Eva Puskarčíková, Markéta Davidová and Lucie Charvátová. Our biathlon model predicts that team to win a race with one percent chance, to get on the podium with four percent chance and 127 seconds behind the winner.

Bib Country Chances of various positions Winning chance Chance for a medal Projected seconds behind
4 NORWAY
33% 67% 0s
2 SWEDEN
25% 61% 11s
3 FRANCE
12% 39% 37s
1 GERMANY
8% 32% 46s
5 RUSSIA
5% 23% 61s
9 AUSTRIA
7% 26% 62s
6 BELARUS
5% 20% 71s
8 ITALY
3% 14% 86s
11 SWITZERLAND
1% 8% 93s
7 UKRAINE
1% 5% 96s
10 CZECH REPUBLIC
1% 4% 127s
12 POLAND
<1% 1% 145s
14 CANADA
<1% <1% 176s
13 USA
<1% <1% 178s
16 ESTONIA
<1% <1% 212s
15 FINLAND
<1% <1% 239s
17 JAPAN
0% 0% 296s
18 KAZAKHSTAN
0% 0% 298s
19 SLOVAKIA
0% <1% 313s
20 KOREA
0% 0% 366s
21 SLOVENIA
0% 0% 368s

Admin

Admin

Sportindepth has an ambition to dive deeper into the world of sports and hopes to provide in-depth content for Soccer, Athletics and various Winter Sports.

View all posts by Admin →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *